As the holidays draw near it is time to think about what to gift your friends, colleagues and loved ones.
But are you tired of run-of-the-mill gift ideas or do you dread getting a huge dent in your pocket by buying fancy gifts for your family and friends that they don’t appreciate or never use?
It can get stressful to find a gift that they’ll love that also says “I love you.” And sometimes people are just hard to shop for. This holiday gift guide focuses on the gift ideas that can help anyone achieve a healthier lifestyle, eat good food, learn something new and enjoy life’s simple (healthy) pleasures.
These are perfect gifts for anyone, whether they follow a Paleo diet or not.
Pete’s Paleo Gifts Of Love
Paleo By Season presents a chef’s approach to healthy Paleo cuisine by teaching home cooks the essential techniques for cooking any food, so they can focus not on recipes but on using the best fresh, local ingredients. With dozens of techniques, over 100 Paleo recipes, and a showcase of small farmers and ranchers across the country who are providing sustainably raised meats and organically grown fruits and vegetables, Paleo By Season offers home cooks the tools they need to think like a chef.
What says I love you more than bacon? Sending someone some of Pete’s Paleo’s mouth-watering bacon is a sure-fire winner! Pete’s Paleo bacon is the meatiest, most supple, melt-in-your-mouth bacon, so good it’s a game-changer.
Bone broth is not only good for you; it has become a trendy drink to sip on. It can, however, be time consuming to make. Pete’s Paleo Bone broth is made with only the best grass-fed beef bones and organic vegetables and filtered water, seasoned just right and packed full of flavor, minerals and gelatin. Shipped frozen right to the recipient’s door, it is good for 10 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer!
Shopping for someone else, but not sure exactly what their preferences are? Give the gift of a Pete’s Paleo Gift Card to their favorites.
Give someone the gift of putting their knife and cutting board away. No more spending a couple hours on shopping, prepping, cooking and CLEANING! Pete’s Paleo Meals are chef inspired, expertly prepared and delivered right to your door, no apron required. Simply reheat and serve.
The menu changes seasonally and on a weekly basis and is dependent on what our farmers grow and harvest out of the ground that very week it is prepared. This means our meals are sustainable and more nutritious for you.
Browse through all Pete’s Paleo has to offer and customize your gift giving here>>>>>
More Paleo Favorites
Paleo Treats have been making foodie-approved Paleo desserts since 2009. They are serious about flavor, texture, ingredients and Paleo. They ship around the world and are experts at both making and getting a great dessert to your door.
Dry Farm Wines curates primal, sugar-free, low alcohol, low sulfite wines so you get these benefits without the downsides. They make a great gift for yourself or your loved ones. You can choose your favorites and sign yourself or a friend up for monthly subscriptions.
Real Salt is the purest (and the best tasting) salt you'll ever find. It's ancient, unrefined sea salt that has been harvested in Utah since 1958. Real Salt is available in fine, coarse and kosher varieties. Real Salt also makes seasoning salts. The Organic Real Salt Seasoning Gift Box includes one 4.75 oz. shaker of Real Salt, one 4.75 oz. Organic Garlic Salt, one 4.75 oz. Organic Onion Salt, and one 4.1 oz. Organic Seasoning Salt, which makes for a perfect Paleo gift.
Fresh herbs provide the vast majority of flavor to delicious Paleo dishes. Help your friend or family member grow their own at home with this Window Garden Herb Growing Kit that comes with 10 packs of premium herb seeds, 10 plant markers, 2 drip trays, sprinkler bottle cap and instructions for growing. You need absolutely zero knowledge or experience!
Kasandrinos is one of the best extra virgin olive oils you could get your hands on. Their olives are picked from a single (organically tended) grove in a small Greek town, pressed within hours of picking, bottled and delivered right to your door. The flavor speaks for itself and the benefits of true extra virgin olive oil are well known. They also offer small edibles and body products (olive oil soaps and lip balms) created with the same high-quality olives used for their delicious oil.
For coffee lovers, an addition of an Aeropress and a grinder might be exciting. An Aeropress is great to use at home and it can be easily packed and taken on any trip. It’s compact and makes the smoothest, tastiest black coffee in a matter of minutes. While you’re at it, pick up a bag of coffee beans (ask for beans for filter coffee or for Aeropress, as it’s a lighter roast).
Lodge is the oldest continuous manufacturer of cookware in America. Founded in 1896, Lodge has proven that cast iron cookware is timeless. Lodge cast iron skillets, grill pans, and dutch ovens make gifts and will last forever. They are not made with any toxic chemicals like those foreign made non-stick options. We love the Lodge 14″ Cast Iron Wok which is perfect for cooking stir fry with your favorite ingredients.
A good quality high-speed, multi-purpose blender (crusher/grinder/juicer/mixer) such as Vitamix or Blendtec blender would be an unforgettable gift because they are one of the most used kitchen tools one could have. They may be a little pricier but these blenders are a gift for life, so if you can do a big group gift for someone, they will be forever grateful and it is totally worth the investment.
Every kitchen needs at least one really good chef’s knife. It is versatile, precise and beautiful to hold. Warther Cutlery is proud to be the home of 100% American made knives. Each knife undergoes 32 handcrafted steps from start to finish. No automated machinery is used. Each knife is precisely polished and ground to ensure a razor like edge with little honing. All Warther Cutlery has this unique trademarked look.
A fermentation crock is always handy for those who already enjoy fermenting their own foods or for someone looking to add more to their diets. This vessel allows you to make a huge batch of sauerkraut, kimchi or whatever you want to ferment.
For those who prefer kombucha, simplify their lives drastically with a continuous brewer. Once you get it up and running (which is a simple process), you simply have to brew up a gallon or so of tea each week to add to the brewer as you drink your kombucha. That is IT. Drink as much as you want from the tap, and just replace as you go.
Gifts Of time
The best way to give your friends and family time is through leverage. If something is being done by you, a system, technology, or another person, it takes those things off the recipient’s plate. This gives them the capacity to spend more time on the things they want to do, not the things they have to do.
- Cleaning a home is a time-consuming job. Consider purchasing a weekly, bi-weekly or even one-time deep cleaning for the person in your life who could really enjoy spending those three or four hours on a Saturday on themselves instead of tackling dirty floors.
- If you know someone who wastes whole Sundays mowing, trimming, and edging – gift them with a lawn service, or snow removal service for the colder months. That way, they can spend their Sunday enjoying their yard with family and friends, instead of knee deep in weeds.
- Families enjoy spending time together but can often be challenged with schedules and distractions. Gift them a game or movie night with a gift basket of family games with small prizes for the winners, or family friendly movies with snacks. You could get them tickets to a local musician or a comedy show, both of which are often affordable and a fun way to do/see something new together.
- A gift card or money designated for babysitting or eldercare goes a long way toward showing the loved ones in your life how much they deserve some time to themselves. If you aren’t sure if the recipient has a regular sitter, you could alternatively offer to take on the supervisory role for a few hours or even overnight so your loved one can experience the gift of a lazy morning. Be proactive about setting up time to follow through on the gift so no reminders are necessary.
- Everyone has things that need to get done but often there are too few hours to accomplish all the to-dos. Dry cleaning, grocery shopping or even taking Fido to the groomer for a trim — all of these things are necessary chores in daily lives that often go undone when lives get too busy. By gifting a few hours of an errand or personal assistant service, you can gift your loved one with the freedom to decide what tasks they can take off their own plate.
That’s a wrap! No pun intended. It is now up to you to connect a little with those who matter and begin to enjoy this season with those close to your heart.
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones we use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it may provide a small compensation to Pete’s Paleo. Thank you for your continued support.